Welcome to day 11 to 12 of how to Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days in Nigeria. As mentioned in the previous post ; Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days : The Ultimate Plan (Day 1- 10), the truth is that optimizing your website for search engines in order to increase website traffic can be difficult, especially with the entire changing Google algorithms. As search engines evolve, it’s more and more important to keep your website content fresh and neatly optimized.
To Increase Website Traffic Fast With SEO Isn’t Quick Fixes
It was also stressed that the trick with SEO isn’t just to do quick fixes to get a handful of your pages to rank. Good SEO is all about refining your strategy always by using latest and proven best practices. When you keep a website well-maintained you have created a leverage for the website to rank high and definitely will increase website traffic overtime.
Now, before you even think of jumping right to implementing Day 11 to 20, I strongly advise implement all that is in Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days : The Ultimate Plan (Day 1- 10) if you have not done so, and even if you have, please do make sure you do a thorough recheck of all.
Now lets get down to implementing Day 11 to 20. Remember that discipline and determination are the keys you need.
Day 11 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
YOU HAVE TO TELL SEARCH ENGINES WHAT TO CRAWL AND WHAT NOT TO CRAWL
Before we delve in the robots.txt, you should know what the robots.txt. Know that the robots.txt is a text file that tells search engine crawlers which directories to crawl and which not to crawl.Also know that every search engine’s bot must first access the robots.txt file before crawling the website.
If you do not want a specific area of the website to be crawled, you should specify this using a “disallow” in the file.
Tasks For Day 11
- Examine your website to know if you have a robots.txt file in place.
- If you don’t have one create a robots.txt file for your website.
- Use a robots.txt file to give instructions to search engines.
- Make sure that important areas of your website are not excluded from crawling.
- Regularly check the robots.txt file and its accessibility.
Day 12 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Do Proper And Detailed Keyword Research
Know that every content that you create on your website should be base on a definite keyword. Keyword research helps you identify keywords that appeal to a target audience and expand the reach of your content. When you use keyword research tools, it helps you identify what kinds of content users are looking for on any given topic. Always make sure to do a proper and detailed keyword research.
When selecting keywords, you should also keep the purpose of your website in mind. I advise that you make use of transactional keywords if your main intention is sales, or informational keywords if your website aims to provide readers with important information.
Below are some of the recommended tools to help you research appropriate keywords:
Google Keyword Planner: The Keyword Planner is part of the AdWords advertising program. You need a valid AdWords account to use this free tool. You can start searching for keywords and suitable ideas as soon as you register. You can also enter websites and view suitable keywords based on their content. The tool also shows you information about the monthly search volume. To the Keyword Planner.
Google Trends: This free tool shows you how often frequent search terms are used. The tool also shows you a preview of possible peak demands. Google Trends is well-suited for seasonal and event-related keywords.
Google Search: When you go to google anything, Google provides suggestions as you type based on the most heavily search keywords that you’re current search is matching. This includes long-tailed keyword suggestions based on your short-tailed entry. On a tight time or money budget, take advantage of this easy solution!
Ubersuggest: Ubersuggest is a classic keyword research tool. It goes through all the recommendations of Google Suggest and shows you the most appropriate search term.
Tasks For Day 12
Remember that this is day 12, you are going to be implementing the steps below on your website. Make sure you have already implemented the tasks for Day 11.
- Perform an SEO Analysis of your website to determine the keyword your site is focused on.
- You can use our SEO Analysis tool to determine the keyword your website is focused.
- Make sure you analyze your website’s pages and post content for each content’s keyword of keyword phrase focused on.
Day 13 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Create Easy Navigation For Your Website
Ensure you have an easy navigation created on your website to increase users experience and Increase Website Traffic Fast. A navigation menu helps users to easily navigate and find what they’re looking for on a website.
A well-structured navigation menu is key for the user experience. The navigation structure is also important for search engines since it enables them to easily crawl other pages on your website and also determine how important a URL is.
The navigation on your website should be structured logically to ensure users don’t have problems moving from one page to the other, or jumping directly to a particular page on your website.
This can increase better user experience and allows user spend more time on your website. Long dwell times from your users can help improve your search rankings, so user experience is something you want to consider because it is an important SEO consideration.
Tasks For Day 13
Make sure you implement all the tasks below to ensure we are on the same page of increasing your website traffic fast.
- Cross-check to see if you made use of anchor tests in your navigation.
- Use anchor texts in navigation elements where you didn’t. These help search engines understand the subject of the landing page better.
- Identify pages that have a high bounce rate.
- Take measures to prevent the high bounce rate by changing the tone of the content, add video to the content, add infographics.
- Use a breadcrumb navigation for a better overview
Day 14 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Increase Your Website’s Speed
A website’s page speed may not be a high ranking factor in SEO, especially for high ranking sites that already have huge traffic, but is definite one thing you should consider for your website.
A webpage’s loading speed is very important for its ranking. Users don’t want to spend time waiting for a page to load; they want to see your content immediately. Webpages with high loading times have high bounce rates, and high bounce rates often result in poor rankings.
The website’s loading speed is even more important for mobile users since the lower bandwidths can further delay the loading of a website. There are many technical ways to optimize the loading time. You can use Google PageSpeed to check how fast your website loads
Tasks For Day 14
• Check the page speed of your website. You can use a tools like :
- Identify (very) slow pages and find out the cause.
- Avoid using giant image files and optimize the images for their minimum sizes.
Day 15 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Optimize Your Website For Mobile Phones
Everyone is on mobile, well maybe not everyone, but I assure you most people have come across are. Maybe you too. The fact is more and more people are using their mobile phones to go on Google, Yahoo or Bing to search for relevant information. The question is, ‘is your website optimized for mobile phones?’
Mobile friendliness is an important ranking factor for search rankings. More and more users are using their mobile devices to surf the internet. In some areas, over 70% of users visit websites on mobile. What does this mean for you? Every site-page should be optimized for mobile. Every. Single. One.
Before you start with mobile optimization, you can use Google’s free test for mobile friendliness to check the mobile performance of your website. Here, the requirements for mobile website versions are different from those of desktop versions. For instance, the content should be legible on small-sized screens and the touch operation should be taken into account.
It is also advisable to make the mobile version of your website responsive. This means that the content of your pages should automatically adapt itself to the size and functionality of the respective device.
Want an easy way to optimize your website for mobile? EducraftMedia got you covered.
Tasks For Day 15
- Check mobile issues on the website using the Google tool as aforementioned.
- Take note of any errors displayed by the Google tool.
- Fix all errors as noted
Day 16 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Identify Duplicate Contents
Duplicate content can appear on a website for different reasons. Sometimes the same content is accessible and indexed under different URLs. This makes it difficult for search engines to determine the best search result among the different URLs. The result is “cannibalization” in the rankings.
My best take on this is either you redirect or get rid of the duplicate contents.
The website cannot appear in top rankings since Google is unable to choose the best version. You should therefore identify sources of duplicate content on your website and rectify the errors as fast as possible.
Tasks For Day 16
• Check if your website is accessible with or without www., http, or https. If multiple versions are accessible, use 301 redirects to redirect them to the desired version.
• Check if the same content is indexed in different formats e.g., in print version or as PDF.
• Test if your website automatically creates lists or documents that generate duplicate content.
• Check if your website displays similar content with and without a “/” at the end of the URL.
Day 17 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Get Rid Of Duplicate Content
E-commerce stores in particular often face the risk of generating duplicate content. For example, a product might be listed in several categories. If the URL is structured hierarchically, a product can be accessible under multiple URLs. One reliable way to solve this problem is by using a canonical tag.
This shows Google which URL is the “original” one and which one is a copy. The Google bot then ignores the copies when crawling your website and only indexes the original URLs.
Tasks For Day 17
- Go to each page on your website and add a canonical tag.
- In case of duplicate content, the canonical tag should point to the original webpage. Also add a canonical tag on the original webpage that points to itself.
- When adding canonical tags, make sure you write the URLs correctly.
- Do not use relative URLs for canonical tags.
Original URL: www.yourwebsite.com/maincategory/page1.
You should add the following canonical tag on the copy:
<link rel=“canonical” href=“http://www.yourwebsite.com/
Day 18 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Create Unique Headlines
A headline is there to sum up the content of your write-up, and if you are an SEO copywriter you must be able to hit your audience smack between the eyes the moment they see it.
Just make sure that whoever you are trying to reach, your message should be simple and direct. Make sure you are capturing readers attention with your headline within a short attention span and say what you need to say clearly and without going round and round like a lost kitten.
Headlines on your website usually have two functions. One is to give the content an organized structure, and the other is to encourage user to read on. Headlines are marked with h-tags in the HTML source code.
Tasks For Day 18
- Only use one h1 header per page
- Only use one h2 header per page
- Use the main keyword/ keyword phrase of the respective page in the headline.
- Arrange sub-headings in chronological order (h1, h2, h3, etc.).
- Do not use h-tags to format the font size. Instead, us CSS.
- When possible, use thematically complementary keywords in sub-headings (h2, h3, etc.).
- Keep headlines as short as possible and delete all unnecessary words.
- Use elements like numbers, bullets, and images to
- attract your users attention and make your content easily
For more on how to create headers the right way, read my post on SEO Copywriting in Nigeria: Your Ultimate Free Guide.
Day 19 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Curate Your Content
Content curation is a common way to collect, restructure, and republish existing content. The collection of material often provides new perspectives for users on content ideas you’ve already covered.
For content curation to be successful, you first look for appropriate sources and then use your own blog to purposefully publish the content. Personal social media channels also help spread content easily. Popular topics often provide a lot of traffic.
Tasks For Day 19
- Publish illustrative infographics that make a complex subject much easier to understand.
- Publish surveys and statistics to topics that could interest your target group.
- Write e-books in which you comprehensively cover a subject in a way that is easy to understand.
- Organize case studies in which you share your own experiences. This gives your users practical insights into your work and expertise.
- Publish guest posts on your blog. External experts can provide detailed insights on a specific subjects that interests your users.
Day 20 Of How To Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days
Recycle Your Content
Content republishing offers webmasters and SEOs an opportunity to restructure and update content that already performs well for their audience.
When you republish content, you can’t just publish the same thing and make it look new. You need to update the content with fresh statistics, examples, up-to-date facts, or even fresh formats to make it more relevant for your audience.
Why is this so great for you? The content is already there, so it’s much less effort for you than creating brand new content.
Search engines often reward you for updating old content. But remember, you only get a reward for actually making the content more relevant!
Tasks For Day 20
- Regularly check your website’s KPIs e.g., Traffic, traffic source, bounce rate and scroll behavior.
- Look for your most high-ranking content and check to see if it’s up-to-date.
- Make sure you also modify your meta elements e.g., title and description, when modifying your content.
Examples of ways you can republish your content:
- Creating video tutorials from existing content.
- Creating podcasts from existing content
- Updating old blog posts or turning them into gated offers.
- Creating listicles based on information on a blog post.
- Rephrasing a press release on a blog post
Now that we have come to the end of Day 11 to 20 in this post, please make sure you have implemented all that is contained in Day 1 To10 before implementing Day 11 to 20.
Haven’t read Day 1 to 10, Click here.
Watch out for DAY 21 TO 30 (The concluding post of ; Increase Website Traffic Fast In 30 Days : The Ultimate Plan (Day 1- 30)
Johnson Omoregie is an SEO specialist/Website Developer/ SEO Copywriter/Content Developer. He eats and sleeps Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/Digital Marketing. And help business generate leads and conversions through Organic Traffic. He is the author of Business Profit Blueprint: Million Dollar Tips To Promote Your Business And Increase Profit.