In this post, I will be showing you how to create Google form and embed Google forms in WordPress. This is the exact same method I have used over the years to create and embed Google Forms in WordPress for my websites and those of my clients. Now let’s delve right in.
Step 1 Of How to Create Google Form -Embed Google Forms In WordPress
- On your internet browser ( I will advise you use Google Chrome, though any other browser will accomplish the same task) type in Google forms and click on enter on your keyboard
- Click on the first link and description that shows up on the Google Search Result Page as shown in the image below.
- This will take you to the page shown below.
- Now click on Google forms as shown below.
- Once you click on “Go to Google Forms”, you will be taken to the window below. Once there, click on “Template Gallery” to display all the types of form, from which you can choose the one you will like to embed in WordPress.
- Scroll down to see all the types of forms available for you as shown below.
- For this tutorial, let’s make use of a contact form. Click on contact form as shown below.
- Now you should see your contact form as shown below. You can go ahead and edit it to your taste.
- You can also change the colour to match the colour of your website by clicking the colour icon as shown in the image below.And choosing any of the colours to the right of the screen.
- You can also change the form header by uploading a new image. You will need to click on “Image Upload” as shown below.
- To configure your form, click on the icon shown in the image below.
- This displays a popup settings window as shown below.
- On your popup settings window, click on “Collect emails” if you want to collect emails and check “Response receipts” under it if you want the visitor who filled the contact form to also receive a copy of his response in his email. Also check “Limit to 1 response” if you want to limit individual visitors to be able to contact you once through the form base on the IP address used. Leave it unchecked if you want to be contacted multiple times by the same person. Click save when you are done.
- Now we are done creating our form.
- The next step, which is step 2 is to embed our form into WordPress.
Step 2 Of How To Create Google Form -Embed Google Forms In WordPress
- Still on your form creation page click “Send” as shown in the image below.
- This takes you to the screen below. Click the icon shown in the image below to get the HTML code to embed in your WordPress website.
- Now, you should see the HTML Code as shown below. Click “Copy” to copy the HTML Code.
- Now login to your WordPress dashboard and open the page you want to embed the form.
- Note that it can be a new page or a page where you already have content before. It doesn’t matter the type of page.
- Once you have your page open , click on the icon shown in the image below.
- On the fly out window, type in HTML as shown in the image below, and click on “Custom HTML”.
- The HTML box is displayed on your page as shown below immediately you click on “Custom HTML”
- Now paste the HTML Code you copied earlier for the Contact Form from Google forms platform. See image below for how your “HTML Code” pasting should look like. After pasting, you can go ahead and add other things to your page like the Page title and any other content you think should be on your page. Just don’t edit the HTML Code you just pasted unless you know what you are doing and you’re so sure it won’t affect the overall look of your page. Click on publish when done.
- Your form should show like the one below
I just showed you how to create Google Form and embed Google Forms in WordPress in just 2 easy steps. Follow the steps the way I have outlined it and you will have your Google Form embedded into your WordPress website in no time.
Johnson Omoregie is an SEO specialist/Website Developer/ SEO Copywriter/Content Developer. He eats and sleeps Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/Digital Marketing. And help business generate leads and conversions through Organic Traffic. He is the author of Business Profit Blueprint: Million Dollar Tips To Promote Your Business And Increase Profit.